HOW TO REDUCE YOUR MOVING EXPENSES?
Want to make some profit during a move? Of course, you can. There are a few different ways you can gain money when you move. There are ways you can save some cash during that bustling time, as well.
1. You left your old home and came to live in your new home. Although, your gas, electric, or water company did not return the cash deposit you paid in the old house. Ask for that money now when you are leaving your present home. You have to do this a little time before you wish to move. The money you get will help you to fund in such companies in the new locality.
2. If you are moving to another phone zone, call your new telephone operator now. They may have nice plans for you where you are going. You can also change your present tariff. It is also a good time to look for other service providers for a better plan. It is time to fix your choices now. It will help you to save money with the first telephone call at your new home.
3. Is it right to say that you are moving to a smaller house? There is a need to sell or give away furniture you will not use anymore. Please wait! Many people who move to their new home, sell most of their articles and arrive there with a few items. When they look for new items at the new location, they find that new furniture is very costly. Hence, they feel sorry for leaving their articles behind. It is all right to sell unused things. It is not wise to sell any such important items. So, take with you such items you will need in your new home. Of course, if you do not need them at all in your new home, you can sell or give them away. Extra load means extra money!
4. You should sell your old and unused house items. You should not take them with you. Wait! Do not sell them for little money. You should get the proper value of your goods. For this, you can also give an ad in the local newspaper to sell them. The Internet can also be helpful for selling old furniture and other family things. If you do not have any idea or time to do so, some local companies can do it for you for a little amount. Selling some unused & old goods will save money as you can carry less weight. At the same time, selling the items, you can also earn you some money.
5. At the same time, you may not wish to sell those for some money. You want to donate those to charitable organizations. In that case, make sure to take receipts. It can get some income tax deduction in your new home. It will save some of your hard-earned money.
6. You can also sell your furniture to a nearby related shop. It can bring you more cash than you could get from a moving deal at your home. For this, you have to visit some stores to know how much they offer for selling the items. You can also exchange some items with them. Take the new items with you. This method will help you to gain some money. In this way, you will be able to get some important items for your old & unused items.
7. Be careful about selling or giving away what may appear useless. If you have questions about any such things, do not sell them. Have them assessed. Many stores offer free examinations of such items. For antique goods, sell them after knowing their proper values. Some of those services may be free too. You may be one of the fortunate ones who discovers something worth gobs of cash covered in the loft! Please do not hurry to sell the items for little money before the proper exams of the items.
8. You need to know your new locality very well. A GPS or a smart mobile phone may enable you to understand the roads well. You can search for maps.google.com to find the streets. This map will help you to know the new location very well. It will save your money as you do not have to locate the road or a certain place by searching here and there in your car. You can also ask for a hard copy of the map from your packing moving company.
9. You may live in a rented house at present. You had then paid a security deposit there. Don’t forget to take back the security money before you move to your new location.
10. Make some of the packing jobs by yourself or with the help of your family members and close friends. You can use the packing items available in the house. This method will help you to save some money. Packing items like cardboard boxes, bubble wraps, and packing papers are very costly.
11. At last, select a leading and popular moving company to move your goods. Take quotations from such companies and verify. Then select the one who is offering you the cheapest quotation